Wednesday, February 6

good news - cochlear implants

even before i worked in a "hearing" field i was deeply moved by Internet videos of people hearing things for the first time.  as someone who really really loves music i cannot imagine not being able to hear.  today i came across this video making the rounds of a mother hearing her child for the first time.  the mother received a cochlear implant after 15 years of deafness and her son is 8. 
 
Having a child myself, I can attest to how hearing him say " I love you" never gets old.  I can only imagine how awesome it would feel to hear it under these circumstances.
Just to add to the warm feelings here is another video I find very touching.  I am happy these people are willing to share their experiences with the world so that we can all share in their joy.
 


No comments: